I realized I haven't updated in a while... mostly because I am the most boring person ever. I think I must be on a British kick. I've been reading a lot of PD James and have started the "Top Ten Ways To Tell If You're Reading a PD James Novel" list:
1) The main character's mother died when s/he was born or very young leaving them emotionally repressed.
2) Everyone can tell you at the drop of a hat if a building is Norman, Regency, Victorian, or Edwardian. And does. Regularly. At length. Often including the name of the architect.
3) At least once in each book someone experiences a moment of heightened senses which reads very much like an acid trip.
4) There is one character per book (not
the same one) who owns the complete set of "Famous British Trials" books.
5) The butler didn't do it.
6) The main character often reflects broodingly on their relatively un-traumatic but motherless childhood.
Now I just need to come up with the last four. :)
TVwise I've been watching a lot of BritTV: Dr. Who
(9 & 10), Life on Mars
(loved it but don't find it slashy), Touching Evil
(season 1)(ditto), and A Wire in the Blood
(season 1)(ditto, in fact the het UST is practially incandescent). I love Robson Green. He really likes them 'gritty crime dramas' don't he? ;-D In addition to British TV, I watched some Canadian TV... the second season of ReGenesis,
which continues to be completely awesome. OMG, that last ep! I hope to hell they get another season to explain what happened. And I have the second season of Slings and Arrows
to watch when I have time.
Other than that, I've been helping the kidunit with some cosplay stuff, and going about the mundanities of life. And still not writing, other than a little MFU comment-fic snippet I did the other day for a friend. I need to remember to post that here.
I saw an interesting quiz on tanrina
's LJ (The Nonrepresentational Aesthetics Test) and took it myself. My results behind the ( cut tag )